The long-awaited weekend for Taste of Atlanta has come, and what a gorgeous one it will be! Perfect weather with a crisp Fall feel, and 90 of Atlanta’s best restaurants and chefs on-the-rise gearing up for the finest food festival ever. With hands-on cooking lessons, chef demonstrations, entertainment and tons of good eating, this is a fun festival to take in.
The list of restaurants participating is long and varied, with all of the top names in culinary destinations on the menu. I’ve picked a few of dishes on the must-try list, in no particular order:
- The Iberian Pig’s Chargrilled Spanish Octopus
- 4th and Swift’s Patron Chili Slaw
- The Barrelhouse Cider Braised Pork with Collard Greens and Grits
- Chai Pani’s Kale Pakoras
- GC BBQ’s Award-Winning Mac and Cheese (Definitely!)
- Milton’s Smoked Chicken Confit with Creamed Corn and Pea Shoots
- The Spence’s Warm Steak with Candied Fig and Blue Cheese on Toast
- Egg Harbor Cafe’s Cinnamon Roll French Toast
- BLT Steak’s Carrot Cake with Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese; Candied Ginger; and Butterscotch
- Max Lager’s Fried Cheesecake
That should leave me sufficiently full, but there are so many other amazing choices to taste, too. And here’s something else that’s cool. Taste of Atlanta has partnered with Share our Strength, Cooking Matters, American Culinary Federation Greater Atlanta Chapter, Atlanta’s Table, The Hospitality Education Foundation of Georgia, and Les Dames d’Escoffier Atlanta Chapter to provide scholarship, education and experience to generations of chefs and foot culture professionals.
And hats off to Taste of Atlanta for going green: In 2013, Taste of Atlanta recycled over 14 tons of cardboard, glass and plastic. Let’s help them top that record this year.