Summer means a glorious abundance of juicy tomatoes. Dinners can be simple to prepare – and wonderfully tasteful. Here is one of my favorite go-to recipes for slow roasting cherry and grape tomatoes. During the summer months, I always have these on hand to enhance any number of meals.
So how do you use slow-roasted tomatoes? Here are just a few of my favorite serving suggestions:
- Toss with linguine and freshly grated Parmesan Reggiano. Top with chiffonade of fresh basil.
- Spoon slow-roasted tomatoes over goat cheese. Top with minced basil and toasted pine nuts.
- Use as a sandwich spread over prosciutto and fresh mozzarella slices.
- Add to pan sauces to intensify flavor.
- Spread as a base for crostini and top with roasted garlic, your favorite herbs and cheese.
- Use to enhance a breakfast omelette or frittata.
- Top grilled aged ribeyes to complement the char.
- Serve atop a warm slice of quiche.
- Enhance a bowl of creamy cheese grits.
With so many options, what is my favorite way to eat these versatile flavor-packed gems? Straight from the spoon. Nothing else required. And it’s so incredibly delicious I have to keep making more.